Accountants – Take One
Two accountancy students were walking across the College grounds when one said, “Where did you get such a great bike?”
The second accountant replied, “Well, I was walking along yesterday minding my own business when a beautiful woman rode up on this bike. She threw the bike to the ground, took off all her clothes and said, “Take what you want.”
The first accountant nodded approvingly, “Good choice; the clothes probably wouldn’t fit.”
Comprehending Accountants – Take Two
An architect, an artist and an accountant were discussing whether it was better to spend time with the wife or a mistress.
The architect said he enjoyed time with his wife, building a solid foundation for an enduring relationship.
The artist said he enjoyed time with his mistress, because of the passion and mystery he found there.
The accountant said, “I like both.”
“Both?” Questioned the others.
The accountant replied “Yeah. If you have a wife and a mistress, they will each assume you are spending time with the other woman, and you can go to the office and get some work done.”
Comprehending Accountants – Take Three
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the accountant, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
Comprehending Accountants – Take Four
An accountant was crossing a road one day when a frog called out to him and said, “If you kiss me, I’ll turn into a beautiful princess”.
He bent over, picked up the frog and put it in his pocket.
The frog spoke up again and said, “If you kiss me and turn me back into a beautiful princess, I will stay with you for one week”.
The accountant took the frog out of his pocket, smiled at it and returned it to the pocket.
The frog then cried out, “If you kiss me and turn me back into a princess, I’ll stay with you and do ANYTHING you want.”
Again the accountant took the frog out, smiled at it and put it back into his pocket.
Finally, the frog asked, “What is the matter? I’ve told you I’m a beautiful princess; that I’ll stay with you and do anything you want. Why won’t you kiss me?”
The accountant said, “Look I’m an accountant. I don’t have time for a girlfriend, but a talking frog, now that’s f*ckin awesome.”
Comprehending Accountants – Take Five
A businessman was interviewing applicants for the position of Divisional Manager. He devised a simple test to select the most suitable person for the job. He asked each applicant the question, “What is two and two”?
The first interviewee was a journalist. His answer was “twenty-two.”
The second applicant was an engineer. He pulled out a calculator and showed the answer to be between 3.999999 and 4.000001.
The next person was a lawyer. He stated that in the case of Jenkins v. Commr of Stamp Duties (Qld), two and two was proven to be four.
The last applicant was an accountant. The businessman asked him, “How much is two and two?”
The accountant got up from his chair, went over to the door, closed it then came back and sat down. He leaned across the desk and said in a low voice, “How much do you want it to be?”
He got the job.
What’s the definition of an accountant?
Someone who solves a problem you didn’t know you had in a way you don’t understand.
What’s the definition of a good tax accountant?
Someone who has a loophole named after him.
What’s an extroverted accountant?
One who looks at your shoes while he’s talking to you instead of his own.
What’s an auditor?
Someone who arrives after the battle and bayonets all the wounded.
Why did the auditor cross the road?
Because he looked in the file and that’s what they did last year.
How do you drive an accountant completely insane?
Tie him to a chair, stand in front of him and fold up a roadmap the wrong way.
What’s the most wicked thing a group of young accountants can do?
Go into town and gang-audit someone.
What do accountants suffer from that ordinary people don’t?
An accountant is having a hard time sleeping and goes to see his doctor.
“Doctor, I just can’t get to sleep at night.”
“Have you tried counting sheep?” asks the doctor.
The accountant replies, “That’s the problem – I make a mistake and then spend three hours trying to find it”
- Are the pundits who predict the current fiat currencies will collapse soon right? And what role has modern ‘capitalism’? 24 January 2020
- Empires: rises and falls, so now what? 23 January 2020
- More must-read articles 23 January 2020
- Research on Cognitive Decline and Alzheimer’s Disease 22 January 2020
- Environmentalism: too many gravy trains, lies and dangerous hidden agendas; but also, some real reasons for alarm. NB if you like this post, check other recent posts. 17 January 2020
- Which ‘New World Order’? 11 January 2020
- ‘PC’, ‘Woke’ Orwellian censorship – 1984, official lies, media lies, ‘socialism’ and modern ‘democracy’. NB if you like this post, check some others from the table on the right. 11 January 2020
- Book reviews 6 January 2020
- The Great Global Warming Hoax 1 January 2020
- British democracy in action. NB if you like this post, check some others from the table on the right. 22 December 2019
- Cairns Port Development 26 September 2019
- Could energy be free? 24 September 2019
- Government betrayals, cover-ups and false flags 20 February 2019
- Government for the Silent Majority 18 October 2018
- The Rise and Fall of the EU 11 July 2018
- The dogma of sustainability and renewables is ruining the power system 23 June 2018