Scroll down to read the most recent articles; links to previous articles follow.
- 7 Major Earth Changes, the real cause for alarmismBy Michael Snyder, Zerohedge, 17 January 2020
- Great Barrier Reef coral testing ‘flawed, needs fix’, says Peter Ridd By Graham Lloyd, The Australian, 2 January 2020
- Great Barrier Reef truth may be inconvenient but it is out there By Professor Peter Ridd, The Australian, 2 January 2020
7 Major Earth Changes, the real cause for alarmism
7 Major Earth Changes, the real cause for alarmismBy Michael Snyder, Zerohedge, 17 January 2020
There has never been a time in modern human history when our planet has been changing as rapidly as it is changing right now.
The sun is behaving very strangely, freakishly cold weather is breaking out all over the world, ocean temperatures continue to rise, volcanoes all over the globe are shooting ash miles into the air, Australia is experiencing the worst wildfires that they have ever seen, and the north magnetic pole has been moving at a pace that is deeply alarming scientists.
Could it be possible that all of this bizarre activity is leading up to some sort of a crescendo?
Sadly, most people don’t even realize what is happening, and that is because the mainstream media only emphasizes stories that fit with the particular narratives that they are currently pushing.
But it has gotten to the point where nobody can deny that really weird things are happening. The following are 7 major earth changes that are happening right now that everyone needs to know about…
#1 According to NASA, solar activity has dropped to the lowest level in 200 years. The following comes from the official NASA website…
The forecast for the next solar cycle says it will be the weakest of the last 200 years. The maximum of this next cycle – measured in terms of sunspot number, a standard measure of solar activity level – could be 30 to 50% lower than the most recent one. The results show that the next cycle will start in 2020 and reach its maximum in 2025.
Of course NASA insists that everything will be just fine, but others are wondering if this lack of solar activity could potentially spawn another “Little Ice Age”…
When solar activity gets really low, it can have the effect of a “mini ice age.” The period between 1645 and 1715 was marked by a prolonged sunspot minimum, and this corresponded to a downturn in temperatures in Europe and North America. Named after astronomers Edward Maunder and his wife Annie Russell Maunder, this period became known as the Maunder Minimum. It is also known as “The Little Ice Age.”
#2 When solar activity gets very low, it has traditionally meant very cold and very snowy winters, and right now we are seeing snow in places that are extremely unusual…
The Egyptian capital, Cairo, was also turned white at the start of the month, despite the city not having snow in 112 years, and experiencing less than an inch of rain each year.
Many parts of Greece were covered in snow in early January, with low temperatures and strong frost.
The cold front named ‘Hephaestion’, after an Ancient Greek army general, thrashed the Greek landscape, bringing rain, sleet and ice in the east.
#3 Meanwhile, the oceans of the world just keep getting hotter and hotter. In fact, ocean temperatures off the California coast have been setting new all-time record highs. It is odd that this is taking place at a time of such low solar activity, but according to NBC News this is definitely happening…
The world’s oceans hit their warmest level in recorded history in 2019, according to a study published Monday that provides more evidence that Earth is warming at an accelerated pace.
The analysis, which also found that ocean temperatures in the last decade have been the warmest on record, shows the impact of human-caused warming on the planet’s oceans and suggests that sea-level rise, ocean acidification and extreme weather events could worsen as the oceans continue to absorb so much heat.
#4 There have always been wildfires, but we have never seen anything like this. During the summer, countless catastrophic fires burned millions upon millions of acres in the Amazon rainforest, and this winter Australia’s fires have actually been a total of 46 percent larger than the fires that we witnessed in the Amazon. Australia has never seen anything like this before, and according to NASA the smoke from these fires will completely circle the Earth…
Once was bad enough, but smoke from Australia’s devastating bushfires is set to return to the country to complete a round-the-world trip that has seen it impact on air quality as far away as South America.
By Jan. 8, the smoke had made its way halfway around the world and will make at least one full circuit, according to scientists at NASA, citing satellite tracking data. New Zealand experienced severe air quality issues, while hazy skies and colorful sunsets and sunrises were seen in parts of Chile and Argentina.
#5 During the first half of 2020, volcanoes all over the world have been roaring to life and have been shooting giant clouds of hot ash miles into the sky. For example, in the Philippines the Taal volcano shot ash nine miles into the air on Sunday, it has also been shooting scorching hot lava half a mile into the air, and the ground around the volcano is starting to crack wide open.
But even after all the devastation that we have already seen, authorities are warning that it could “re-explode at any moment”…
The gray ash is knee-deep. It covers the homes, the bloated cadavers of cows and horses, their limbs protruding at unnatural angles in the shadow of a sulking volcano that could re-explode at any moment.
“My home is now gone,” said Melvin Mendoza, 39, a boatman who returned on Tuesday to Taal, the volcanic island in the middle of a freshwater lake just 40 miles south of Manila, which erupted on Sunday like an atomic bomb mushroom cloud.
Let us hope that this volcanic activity does not spread throughout that general area, because the largest super volcano caldera in the entire world has been discovered not too far from the Philippines…
A team including members from GNS Science have identified an ancient mega-volcano that could have the largest known caldera on Earth.
The 150km (93.2 miles) wide feature is on the crest of Benham Rise, an oceanic plateau off the Philippines coast. In comparison, the caldera at Taup? is about 35km (21.8 miles) wide, and that at Yellowstone about 60km (37.3 miles).
#6 All of this is taking place while the north magnetic pole is moving toward Russia at a very rapid pace. The following comes from CNN…
The north magnetic pole has been slowly moving across the Canadian Arctic toward Russia since 1831, but its swift pace toward Siberia in recent years at a rate of around 34 miles per year has forced scientists to update the World Magnetic Model — used by civilian navigation systems, the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, and US and British militaries — a year ahead of schedule.
#7 On top of everything else, the Earth’s magnetic field has been steadily weakening over time, and this has some experts extremely concerned…
In a forum on Quora, science fiction writer and journalist C Stuart Hardwick revealed that satellite data, such as those collected by the European Space Agency’s SWARM mission, revealed that the magnetic field has been weakening for about 5 percent each century. He noted that currently, the strength of the magnetic field is at 29.5 microteslas, which is 14 percent weaker than its previous state three centuries ago. According to Hardwick, the SWARM satellites detected increased deterioration within regions of the magnetic field over North America. He said these regions weakened by about 3.5 percent over the span of just three years.
Without our magnetic field, life on Earth could not exist for long.
And it doesn’t have to disappear completely to be a massive problem. If it simply gets weak enough, dwelling on the surface is going to become exceedingly difficult.
As I keep warning, our planet is becoming increasing unstable, and what we have experienced so far is just the beginning.
The demands of life can often cause us to focus on things that don’t really matter. Hopefully we can get more people to wake up while there is still time, because the clock is ticking for humanity and for our planet as a whole.
Great Barrier Reef coral testing ‘flawed, needs fix’, says [Prof] Peter Ridd
Editor’s note: also read the following article that expands on this one.
Great Barrier Reef coral testing ‘flawed, needs fix’, says Peter Ridd By Graham Lloyd, The Australian, 2 January 2020
Rebel marine scientist Peter Ridd has thrown down a challenge to reef scientists to test whether or not human actions have caused a collapse in the growth rate of corals on the Great Barrier Reef.
Dr Ridd said despite published claims of a collapse in coral growth rates between 1990 and 2005 due to stress from human pollution, there was no data for the past 15 years. “We don’t know how the Great Barrier Reef has fared since 2005,” he said.
He has proposed a new program of drill core sampling to bring the record up to date and test whether assumptions about a collapse in growth rates because of warmer temperatures can be believed. Like tree trunks, drill cores from old corals can reveal growth rings that show age and growth rates. Writing in The Australian on Thursday, Dr Ridd says a properly supervised program would be an “acid test of the trustworthiness of our major science institutions”.
Contrary to widely quoted figures, he believes the research will show there has been no slowdown in coral growth rates.
“If this measurement is done, and done properly, and it shows there has been a major reduction in coral growth rates, I will be the first to accept I was wrong and that there is a disaster happening on the reef,” Dr Ridd says.
The foundation of claims about a dramatic decline in reef growth is contained in a 2009 paper by Glenn De’ath from the Australian Institute of Marine Science that is still widely quoted.
The Great Barrier Reef Outlook Report 2019 cites the De’ath report in claims that reef calcification declined by 14 per cent between 1990 and 2005.
“Increasing sea surface temperatures and ocean acidification have been implicated as the primary drivers contributing to this decline, with the trend expected to continue,” the report said. It added that the condition of reef building had deteriorated since 2014, largely because of the effects of unprecedented declines in coral cover from bleaching and cyclones.
The De’ath paper investigated 328 colonies of massive Porites corals from 69 reefs. Skeletal records showed that throughout the Great Barrier Reef, calcification had declined by 14.2 per cent since 1990. “The data suggest that such a severe and sudden decline in calcification is unprecedented in at least the past 400 years,” it said.
The study “suggests that increasing temperature stress and a declining saturation state of seawater aragonite (a mineral) may be diminishing the ability of Great Barrier Reef corals to deposit calcium carbonate”.
Dr Ridd challenged the research, claiming a change in methodology had resulted in the apparent drop in coral growth rates from 1990.
The authors accepted criticisms that there had been incorrect measurement of near-surface coral growth rings on most of the corals that were giving data from 1990 to 2005 and printed a correction to the paper. However, AIMS rejected criticisms by Dr Ridd that much smaller and younger corals had been sampled for the 1990-2005 data compared with the mostly very large and old corals of the pre-1990 data.
Dr Ridd claims the problems he identified represent a “fundamental problem with a keystone piece of Great Barrier Reef science”.
He has been an outspoken critic of the level of quality assurance for reef science and wants a portion of reef funding from government to be spent checking the accuracy of major scientific findings before money is spent.
Great Barrier Reef truth may be inconvenient but it is out there
Great Barrier Reef truth may be inconvenient but it is out there By Professor Peter Ridd, The Australian, 2 January 2020
We have no data of Great Barrier Reef coral growth rates for the past 15 years. Has growth collapsed as the Australian Institute of Marine Science claims?
Is the Great Barrier Reef being affected by climate change, the acidification of the ocean, and the pesticides, sediment and fertiliser from farms? One way to tell is to measure the coral growth rates. Our science institutions claim that coral growth rates collapsed between 1990 and 2005 due to stress from human pollution. Remarkably, despite having data of coral growth rates for the last few centuries, there is no data for the last 15 years. We don’t know how the GBR has fared since 2005.
Corals have yearly growth rings similar to tree rings. By drilling cores from large corals, scientists can measure the growth rates over the life of the coral.
The yearly rings are roughly 10 millimetres thick so a coral many metres across can be hundreds of years old. In a landmark study, AIMS took cores from more than 300 corals on the GBR and concluded that for the past 300 years coral growth was stable, but in 1990 there was an unprecedented and dramatic collapse of 15 per cent.
With Thomas Stieglitz and Eduardo da Silva, I reanalysed the AIMS data and, in our opinion, AIMS made two significant mistakes.
The first was incorrect measurement of the near-surface coral growth rings on most of the corals that were giving data from 1990 to 2005. After years of argument AIMS has begrudgingly agreed that it made this mistake. The other problem is that it used much smaller and younger corals for the 1990-2005 data compared with the mostly very large and old corals of the pre-1990 data — it changed its methodology and this is what caused the apparent drop at 1990. When we corrected this problem, the fall in growth rate disappeared.
AIMS continues to dispute this second error and still claims there was a worrying reduction in growth rate from 1990 to 2005. This disputed work is quoted in influential government documents such as last year’s reef outlook report. I am not cherry-picking a minor problem. It is a fundamental problem with a keystone piece of GBR science.
We thus have a situation that arguably the most important data that tells us about the health of the GBR is highly questionable from 1990 to 2005.
What is far worse is that we have no data since 2005.
The science institutions have not only failed to investigate probable major errors in their work, they have also failed to update measurement of this fundamental parameter while claiming, in increasingly shrill tones, that the GBR is in peril.
But ironically, this failure provides a fantastic opportunity. The coral challenge.
For the past 15 years we don’t know what growth rates have been. It is easy to fill in the missing data, and check the previous data, by taking more cores from the reef. AIMS has effectively stated that coral growth is falling at 1 per cent a year.
According to the AIMS curve, growth should now be 30 per cent lower than it was in 1990 — which would be a disastrous fall. I predict it has stayed the same. Either way, it would be nice to know what has happened — is the reef really in danger or not?
But a second and almost equally valuable outcome of measuring the missing data is that it will be an acid test of the trustworthiness of our major science institutions. AIMS has dug in its heels and denied it made a major methodological mistake. Let’s do the experiment and see if it is right, or untrustworthy.
Same for me. If this measurement is done, and done properly, and it shows there has been a major reduction in coral growth rates, I will accept I was wrong and that there is a disaster happening on the reef.
The coral challenge is a measurement that will have to be done sooner or later. The longer it is neglected the worse it will look to the public. Farmers accused of killing the reef are especially interested.
We need to make sure these new measurements are done properly and without any questions about reliability. They must be supervised by a group of scientists that are acceptable to both sides of the agricultural debate on the reef to ensure the methodology and its execution are impeccable.
Peter Ridd is an independent scientist who was unlawfully dismissed from James Cook University in Townsville.
Links to previous articles
- Climate Change Alarmism Is A Despicably Anti-Human Ideology From HumansAreFree.com, 28 December 2019
- The dangerous winds of trying to prevent climate change By Duggan Flanakin, Canada Free Press, 26 December 2019
- Is the reef really dying By Greg Bearup, The Australian, 21 December 2019Media panic on climate, bushfires and a vacation The Australian editorial, 19 December 2019
- COP25, an epic cop-out By Damian Wilson, RT.com, 17 December 2019
- The Deliberate Deception to Demonize CO2 By Dr. Tim Ball, Climatologist, 12 December 2019
- Feeding the Fat Green Pigs Published by the Saltbush Club, www.saltbushclub.com. 29 November 2019
- Climate alarmists are brazen opportunists preying on misery By Chris Kenny, The Australian, 21 November 2019
- NZ’s Zero Carbon Bill By Dr Muriel Newman, NZCPR, 26 October 2019
- The madness of Extinction Rebellion By Brendan O’Neill, Spiked Online, 12 October 2019
- Climate activists recruiting child soldiers By Jennifer Oriel, The Australian, 30 September 2019
- Letter to UN, There is no climate emergency There is no climate emergency, 23 September 2019
- Climate change signals part of socialist plot By Maurice Newman, The Australian, 12 July 2019
- Climate activists are the establishment By Nick Cater, Columnist, Spiked, 22 June 2019
- Sciences Untold Scandal,Professional Societies Promote the Climate Change Scare By Tom Harris, Dr Jay Lehr, 27 May 2019
- New Zealand’s Labour Government suicidal Climate Change plans By Dr Muriel Newman, NZCPR.com, 17 May 2019
- Coral can take the heat, unlike experts crying wolf By (Professor) Peter Ridd, The Australian, 26 December 2018
- An ideological mess of monumental proportions By Maurice Newman, The Australian, 6 July 2018
- New Zealand is killing its economy by green zealotry By Dr Muriel Newman, NZCPR Weekly, 27 June 2018
- James Cook University trashes science and ethics By Dr Walter Starck, Quadrant Online, 4 June 2018
- Why, Twenty-One Times Why By Dr Walter Starck, Quadrant Online, 3 May 2018
- Adani opposition ignores reality of world’s energy needs from coal and oil By Julian Tomlinson, The Cairns Post, 8 March 2018
- Chilling fact is most climate change theories are wrong By Maurice Newman, The Australian, 8 March 2018
- Greens show their true colour, red By Jennifer Oriel, The Australian, 12 February 2018
- The inconvenient truth is that catastrophists are wrong By Maurice Newman, The Australian, 17 January 2017
- Progress versus ‘progressives’, Greens have lost the plot By Nick Cater, The Australian, 9 January 2018
- After 30 Years, Alarmists Are Still Predicting A Global Warming ‘Apocalypse’ By Michael Bastasch, 26 November
- Understanding the modern Green movement Two articles: Nick Cater, then Greg Brown, The Australian, 21 November
- Climate change is ‘the biggest scientific fraud ever perpetrated’ By Steven Mosher, 18 October 2017
- Australia’s broadcaster, ABC, is guilty of soft treason By Maurice Newman, The Australian, 23 October 2017
- Abbott’s speech tells it like it is on global warming By John Stone, The Australian, 17 Oct 2017
- Cairns Post editorial, 171012 By Julian Tomlinson, The Cairns Post, 12 October 2017
- Climate evangelists reduce debate to a binary farce The Australian newspaper Editorials, 11 and 12 October 2017
- A common-sense way through the climate conflict By former Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott, form The Australian, 10 October 2017
- Recycling, a guilt-suppressing eco-fad By Nick Cater, The Australian, 3 October 2017
- The poor are carrying the cost of today’s climate policies By Matt Ridley, from The Rational Optimist, 1 October, 2017
- Climate Change Science Implodes By Mike Adams, via HumansAreFree, 23 September 2017
- The Australian Bureau of Meteorology caught cooking the books yet again Maurice Newman, The Australian, 19 September 2017
- Beware Greens’ scaremongering By Ben Pile, Spiked Online, 16 September 2017
- Media’s silence of the climate scams By Maurice Newman, The Australian, 1 August 2017
- Paris climate dreams as India stays real By Gary Johns, The Australian, 14 July 2017
- Cairns Post Editorial, Julian Tomlinson, 170622 Cairns Post Editorial, 22 June 2017
- Western climate change alarmists won’t admit they are wrong By Clive James, The Australian, 3 June 2017
- Cairns Post editorial, 25 May 2017 Julian Tomlinson, Cairns Post, 25 May 2017
- Green lunacies that literally cost the Earth By James Delingpole, The Daily Mail, 20 February 2017
- Is Climate Alarmism Governance at War with the USA By Leo Goldstein, from Watts Up With That website, 11 January 2017
- derailing-the-marrakech-express By Michael Kile, Quadrant Online, 20 November 2016
- finally-warmists-find-a-real-threat By Tony Thomas, Quadrant Online, 15 November 2016
- cp-editorial-on-agw-distortions-011116 – by Andrew Bolt, Going cold on climate science, 1 November 2016
- cp-editorial-271016 By Julian Tomlinson, Cairns Post, 27 October 2016
- bjorn-lomborg-take-those-organic-food-claims-with-a-grain-of-salt By Bjorn Lomborg, The Australian, 16 October 2016
- like-all-cults-climate-alarmism-will-fail-when-its-prophecies-dont-materialise By Peter Campion, 14 September 2016
- Young Heads Filled With Green Mush By Tony Thomas, Quadrant Online, 3 August
- Brexit threatens Climate Gravy train – time for Clexit By Jo Nova, joannenova.com.au/, 3 August 2016
- Golden rice, the miracle crop Greenpeace hates By George Harrison, Spiked Online, 23 July 2016
- A fantasy green-tech future By Nick Cater, The Australian, 19 July 2016
- The Reef’s Self-Serving Saviours By Dr Walter Starck, Quadrant Online, 19 June 2016
- Exaggeration, hyperbole and even lies, by Julian Tomlinson, Cairns Post, 2 June 2016
- How climate and environmental propaganda works By Paul Driesson, Townhall, 3 May
- How Greens kill off industry by stealth By Alan Oxley, Quadrant Online, 31 March
- Are Environmentalism and Global Warming Effectively Religious Socialism By Dr. Tim Ball, 23 February 2016
- The economic costs of excessive environmental legislation By Dr Muriel Newman, NZ Centre for Political Research, 18 February 2016
- Climate change, CSIRO realigns after groupthink fails By Michael Asten, The Australian, 12 February 2016
- Bureau of Meteorology needs to open its records to audit By Maurice Newman, The Australian, 1 February 2016
- http://joannenova.com.au/2016/01/bob-carter-a-great-man-gone-far-too-soon/ Joanne Nova, 21 November 2016
- Chilling climate of UN control By Maurice Newman, The Australian, 28 December
- Paris talks – agreeing to dodge democracy – By Ben Pile, Spiked Online, 19 December
- Ruinous water plan based on environmentalist lies By Ron Pike, Quadrant Online, 18 October 2015
- Global warming zealots blamed for deadly diesel fiasco By Steven Glover, The Daily Mail, 25 September 2015
- Killing people versus cheating EPA regulations From Zerohedge, 22 September 2015
- Oxfam’s real agenda – destroy Australian coal industry By Henry Thomas, Quadrant Online, 14 September 2015
- The Green Scare Problem By Matt Ridley, The Wall Street Journal, 14 August 2015
- Greens destroy world’s wildlife By Christopher Booker, The Telegraph, 7 July 2015
- Greens infiltrate the classroom By Gary Johns, 1 July 2015
- Climate science, the settled careerist variety By Walter Starck
- Why the Left needs climate change By Steven Hayward, Forbes, 13 June 2015
- IPCC is to science is what FIFA is to soccer By Nick Cater, The Australian, 9 June 2015
- Terrible news for climate catastrophists By James Delingpole, 6 June 2015
- 25 years of dud tipping point predictions Michael Bastasch, The Daily Caller, 19 May
- The Greek Orthodox Creed of Warmism By Michael Kile, Quadrant Online, 5 May
- Are you now, or have you ever been, a climate contrarian By Brendan O’Neill, Editor of spiked, 2 May 2015
- Putting the acid on the Great Barrier Reef doomsayers By Patrick Moore, The Australian, 13 April 2015
- Flashback 1971, burning coal will cause ice age By Michael Bastasch, 7 April 2015
- UN, depopulate the planet to combat climate change By Steve Watson, 7 April 2015
- Time to Put Warmists Under Oath By Walter Starck, Quadrant Online, 3 April 2015
- ‘Greens’ plans to return to the Stone Age By Nick Cater, The Australian, 31 March 2015
- Global warming consensus claim fraudulent By Richard Tol, The Australian, 25 March
- When environmentalism becomes a crime against humanity By Ivo Vetger, 18 March
- To be ‘green’ or progressive, you can’t be both By Tim Black, Spiked, 14 Mar 2015
- EPA Chief cannot answer climate questions Editorial, Investors Business Daily, 7 Mar
- GM, the scientific argument is over By Matt Ridley, The Times, 5 Mar 2015
- Montana bill kills UN’s Agenda 21 by KLXF.com, 25 Feb 2015
- The ‘Green Blob’ is threatening lives in Africa By Matthew Holehouse, 24 Feb 2015
- ‘Science’ destroys its own credibility By Garth Paltridge 17 Feb 2015
- The biggest science scandal ever By Christopher Booker, The Telegraph, 7 Feb 2015
- How to make a pyre of the bush by Roger Underwood, Quadrant Online, 8 Feb 2015
- Beware, ‘green’ danger ahead by Andrew Montford, The Spectator, 6 Feb 2015
- The left’s gravy train derailing by Maurice Newman, The Australian